1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need pictures of EH Bass Micro Synth PCBs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pas, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Pas

Pas

Nov 9, 2007
    Chesterton, IN
    I recetnly picked up a vintage EH Bass MicroSynth (the old style that still had the 120v plug and internal transformer). The problem is that it is in VERY rough shape. There were NO wires on the interior whatsoever and the exterior is prity beat up. None the less I set off on the task of repair. I figured out the wiring between the two boards and the power prity easily but I am having trouble with were to hook up the in/out jacks and foot switch. If someone could post up a good pic of which wires solder were I would greatly appreciate it.

2. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    PM sent.

3. Pas

Pas

Nov 9, 2007
    Chesterton, IN
    Thanks a million! I got all the wires hooked up...worked great for about 20 seconds...then the power light started wavering on/off...then the magic white smoke was released from the 4558 in the power section. Looks like I have some more work to do ;)

4. jazzercountry

jazzercountry Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I'm pretty sure that I have a schematic around here somewhere, if you need that

5. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Yikes. Well, the good news is you don't have to use a 4558 when you replace that opamp, just check the current draws. :)