1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need QSC Recommendation

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by HiltonHeadEd, May 26, 2011.

1. HiltonHeadEd

HiltonHeadEd

Apr 25, 2011
    I want two QSC Powered Speakers to go on each of my 1801 SUBS as my FOH Mains.

Is the KW152 the way to go for clubs and small outdoor stuff or would I be fine with the K122? Jam Band with 2 guitars/keys/bass/drums/vox....

I need 15" speakers is my thought.

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

What are you running through the mains? We put vocals only through my HPR122i (the predecessor to the kw122) and it sounds great.

With two 18" subs, I can't really see why you would need the 15s. Unless maybe you play ultra-heavy bass stuff like house/club music. Even then, with TWO subs you should be really well covered for the low end. Overall output of the 122s isn't much less than the 152s.

They're really nice speakers. We've used our 122s for years (without a sub for the most part) and they will get plenty loud.

3. HiltonHeadEd

HiltonHeadEd

Apr 25, 2011
    Everything goes through the mains, every time.

- cool thats exactly what I was questioning. I like your answer, saves me money!

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I'd start backward with a DBX drive rack... then find drivers that are part of the auto dial... "best" is opinion.. overall your subs are engineered to be working well wih QSC powered mains..

Rest depends on how well you can dial them in.

5. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you have subs, there's no advantage to 15s. Oftentimes 15" boxes sound worse off-axis than their 12" counterparts.

You'll need a good EQ to tame the nasty upper-mid/lower-highs peak on the QSC Ks.