1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some tips setting up my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by animasola, Jul 22, 2008.

1. animasola

animasola

Jul 22, 2008
    I have a tech 21 RBI preamp and a crown xls 802 power amp. The power amp only has xlr female connectors for input. My preamp a 1/4" and an xlr male,but is my DI out. My question is , should I use my DI out which has a level control or use a 1/4" to xlr cable from the pre to the power amp. Which would sound better or is there any difference?

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Check if the RBI has balanced 1/4" outs. If so by a 1/4" "stereo" to XLR cable. if not but a non balanced version.

QED

Paul

3. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Use a 1/4' to XLR cable and save your XLR out for hooking up to a PA system.The 1/4"utputs are line level but will work with the XLR inputs just fine.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021