Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need UPS help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Apr 21, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Ive gone over this case before so i'll try to make it brief: My acoustic bass guitar, bought used from an individual, arrived damaged. It was insured. It was inspected and returned tome. Ive since got it fixed for $278. It still looks kind of crummy so i'll never be able to sell it.
    The seller does not return my emails. UPS flatly told me that they deal only with the shipper, not the recipient. They did not return an email.
    I have no way of knowing if the claim has been denied or even if has been paid to the shipper! They wont tell me.
    Is there any other way to get through to UPS? Anyone out there with experience with them?
    Thanks!

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Sorry bud, but that's the deal, UPS policy is firm on this. The insurance is purchased by the shipper, any issues that arise during the shipment need to be addressed by the shipper, and UPS will not deal with the reciever past picking up and returning the item. It's not UPS that's the bad guy here, it's the seller/shipper. He's out of line if he doesn't follow through and make it right with you. Unfortunately, unless he's a stand up guy, there isn't a lot that you can do.

Good luck.