1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nemesis 212 or 410 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dalek, Sep 28, 2009.

1. dalek

dalek

Apr 20, 2009
    Hi!
    I would like to know your opinion. I was considering getting a Eden Nemesis N212rs cab looking for a portable, affordable and efficient cab. I thought the 410 was considerably heavier and left it out, but i've read people saying it's only 2 lbs more (that would be 52lbs). If they weight (and cost) nearly the same... would you go for a 410 instead of a 212?
    Head would be a 100w ampg v4. I don't do slap and like classic sound with a bit of grind to it. Thanks

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    "Do a search" has become an absolute cliche around here, but in this case I would advise it, since this exact topic came up in another thread, not three weeks ago.

That said, I would put the question back on you: The 2x12 will give you a little rounder, phatter, more traditional bass tone with a little less SPL. The 4x10 will give you a little more output, more volume, and more punch. So what's your preference? :meh:

MM

3. dalek

dalek

Apr 20, 2009
    Thanks MM, I'm checking those threads you mention now! sorry for repeating.
    I was just curious to know what people would chose in a case where a 212 and a 410 weigh and cost nearly the same. I really have no first hand experience on this. I assume the 410 higher output would be better in my case as the head is only 100w, but still I don't know if I would like better the 212. As said, I'm checking previous threads. thanks