1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neo vs regular speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeG, Jan 15, 2008.

1. JoeG

JoeG

Oct 30, 2007
    New Jersey USA
    I'm interested in a Dr Bass 310 cab. It's $90 more to get it with Neo's. Besides the weight difference, does anyone know the sound difference between Neo and regular?

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Some people say the Neos are not quite as ballsy sounding as the regular speakers, but that may also depend on the cab design and the amp voicing needing to be altered to optimize for the Neos. I think most peple are just happy to have so much less weight, that a small difference in sound is not worth complaining about.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    It is totally dependant on the drivers in question.

The Deltalite II is more mid-focused than the Delta LF for instance. The 2nd generation Deltalite II as OEM'ed by Avatar sounds very much like a Delta LF though ...

I certainly would prefer lugging less weight if it is an option. If you rig never moves, then it's a moot point ...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021