Nervous about tonights gig...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by crazybassplyr, Jun 17, 2004.

1. I don't know why I am posting this.
    My band is playing in the semi-finals of a local battle of the bands tonight and I am unusually nervous.
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Just remember that people are there to see you. You must be, like, a ******* god or something.

That's what I tell myself before gigs. Never had a problem with stage fright since :D
  3. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, just be confident! That takes all the nerves away. Good luck dude!!
  4. I've found that receiving oral sex from the hottest chick in the audience backstage just before you go on tends to calm me down and put me in a happy place.

Give that a try.
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Heck, that will work from even the UGLIEST chick right before the show . . . just don't let your bud's see it . . . and bring a large, brown paper bag . . . with a hole in the front . . .
  6. muthagoose

Jan 18, 2004
    Eat a banana or two before going on stage. Supposedly there is something in them that has a calming effect.
  7. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
  8. fatjbass

May 29, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I agree that chicks may calm the nerves. My band played at the finals but there was more of a crowd to see this other band so it was inevitable that they would win. I was pretty nervous but once I got on stage it flowed naturally. Hopefully it goes as well for you. Good luck.