1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

never done it

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by SiReZ, Oct 11, 2009.

1. SiReZ

SiReZ

Jun 21, 2009
    i want to lower the action on my strings but never done it, i found a site that says how to do it but it also says i will need to do more to it, should i try lowering the strings by myself or take it to a tech?

2. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    If you mess up on your own, can't you take it to a tech? I did this by unscrewing the part of the bridge where the strings com in contact. After Awhile I got the perfect height. Try it and if you mess it up, take it to the tech.

3. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    A proper set up involves several things, neck flatness or bow, string height and intonnation. You can lower the strings easily by lowering the saddles on the bridge. The adjustment screws are usually small allen screws. Make sure you use a wrench that fits tighly in the screw socket, you don't want to strip the socket. The strings should have the same arch as your fretboard. For proper setups, there are many very good guides online.