1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nevermind me

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Silthis89, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Hey all,

I've recently become aware of this Audiofusion™. They are offering wireless IEM system that uses your (currently) iOS (soon to include android) mobile phone as the headphone amp/output and controller. All the audio is streamed over wifi and looks to be a pretty promising solution. A house of worship muso showed him using it in practice and it worked well without any noticeable latency.

Just wondering if anyone has tried it or something similar?

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    there have been a few threads about this one.

the main obstacle is digital latency, anything more than like 4ms is a no-go and we suspiciously see zero info about that spec on the website. also, the testimonials all seem to be from newbie musicians discovering the difference between IEM systems and regular wedges, nothing about how this compares to actual pro IEM systems.

s0c9, ELynx and Silthis89 like this.
  3. I'm so silly newb mistake not to have a good search on it. My bad I'll take myself over to those threads.

4. walterw

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    it is a sexy idea, it just may not be ready for prime time.

5. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    Not really hot to the idea to have a computer on stage

Silthis89 likes this.
  6. walterw

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    these days stages are full of computers (and tablets and phones), that ship sailed a while ago.

hell, new digital mixers are nothing but computers with some ins and outs bolted on.

s0c9 likes this.
  7. DonaldR

DonaldR

Mar 26, 2012
    It's not because a digital mixer is running on DSP that it qualifies as a computer. Your car is also full of DSP and it's not a computer.

8. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

Oct 16, 2012
    Seems like you're overdue on some basic reading.

If your car was built after 2010 or so, it probably is a computer.

Did you know an abacus is a computer? So is a slide-rule.

s0c9 likes this.
  9. walterw

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    Don’t a lot of modern digital boards actually run on some form of Linux?

10. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    Yes, or C/C++ firmware. :)
    You're basically replacing the existing firmware (technically the OS, but not an operating system in the manner we look at Windoze, Nix or derivatives like iOS) when you do an upgrade.