1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Album on Gut String Records!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by gems07111, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Morse Codes From The Opposite Land is the name of my new album featuring Sacha Perry on piano, Charles Goold on Drums and yours truly on bass. Check out the new videos:

... you can also purchase the album digitally and physically on CDBaby:

♫ Morse Codes from the Opposite Land - Sacha Perry. Listen @cdbaby

Thanks in advance for checking it out and I hope you enjoy!!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Jmilitsc, MLysh, Reiska and 10 others like this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Not really a jazz person, but I can see myself listening to this and getting into it.

3. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    New Orleans
    Dumb question but are you required to play gut strings if you record for gut string records?

Steve Boisen likes this.
  4. Very nice! and i'm definitely getting a set of guts for my next purchase. dig it!

gems07111 likes this.
  5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Happenin' Jamale!

6. ... a good way to look at it too: if you enjoy good harmony with nice melodies and solid rhythm, you could enjoy this. thanks for checking out the videos, cheers!!

Oddly and Selim like this.
  7. .. Mr. Fuqua, I'm about due for a Van Gogh's Ear hang. See you soon enough, and thanks for checking it out...

Ed Fuqua likes this.
  8. ... YES!!!! But no, not really (laughing)!!!

Sam Dingle likes this.
  9. Woo! Nice! Been checking other records from Gut Strings recently! Guys like you and Ari Roland are inspiring me to get my Bow soloing together! Love the sound!
    Will try to get this record at somepoint!
    :)

10. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choice™ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    It's Neal Miner's label and he uses a gut D & G with Spirocores on the bottom, so you would only be able record for the label part-time ;)

- Steve

gems07111 and Sam Dingle like this.
  11. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    Sounds great!

gems07111 likes this.
  12. dhm

dhm

Apr 15, 2007
    brooklyn,ny
    Sounds great! I need to pick this up.

13. ... Cheers to you! Ari has been the most influential in my arco endeavors- i literally watched him for years and taught myself how to bow from his example; not only the arco portion, but how to 'sing' with the bow: the challenge of your solo being something that appeals to other instruments (containing a hopefully collective quality of being rhythmic, melodic and harmonic) is the goal. Or I look at it simply with a question: "can you whistle back your solo and have it be interesting?" that's usually the goal.. I wonder sometimes how many horn players you hear say that they want to solo like a bassist is rare: I welcome the challenge to change that, respectfully..!!! Good luck to you, and check out jamaledavis.com for more info and projects coming!!!

14. Thank you!!! When you get the chance, please purchase. We're very proud of it... please check out jamaledavis.com for more info on future projects...

15. Very interesting way of thinking about it Something I've been thinking also!! I like it! I will keep an Eye out for your Projects I wanna visit NYC next year for a week or two, so maybe I can drop you a P.M.. and I'll try to time it when your playing!!:)

16. When you make it to town feel free to send me a P.M. It'll be great to meet!!!