1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Amp Day!! Sunn O))) content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by strke-fender, Jul 19, 2012.

1. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    So, I just got back from a liquidation sale at a local music shop. Came home with a new friend, a Sunn 1200s

It was hiding in the corner and was labeled "AMP $99" I asked the owner what she knew about it. Her response was "All I know about is that I'll give it to you for $75.00" "ehhhh how about $65.00?" "DEAL!"

They didn't have a cab to plug into, but it powered up and I took a chance. Once I got it home I found out it sounds great!!

Anybody have any knowledge or wisdom they'd like to impart on me regarding this piece?

Attached Files:

Buchada Azeda likes this.
  2. jackcheez

jackcheez

Sep 13, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    That is a steal of a deal. You should feel guilty. ;)

3. I bought the fender bassman 1200 version a few years ago (same amp)... be carefull, that sucker fried all my speakers!!!! I finally got rid of it and bought a Markbass rig.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    I would advise taking the amp for a once over by a tech. For the price you paid a little TLC for the amp is in order.

5. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Spend the money you saved on cabs with brutal low end handling. Those will shred things. That lowest eq slider: pull it all the way down, very few cabs can make anything except breaking noises with that frequency. A teching would be good, there was a couple of vibration related reliability things from those, I suspect more the fault of using cabs that can't deal with it and vibrate too much than the amp itself.