1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New amp yeah !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

This baby was my dream amp when I started playing and still is today.
    I owned the head for a while but couldn't find the combo at a decent price.

[​IMG]

It's a B-1 Combo. It packs a rackable hybrid head with an additional solo channel, tube preamp, limiter, DI and a conservative 150 W of Mosfet power. The enclosure is a 4 ohm 12"+4" with passive crossover, a contour input and adjustable horn level.

I tried it at rehearsal tonight and what I remembered about it still stands. This is tone city. One of the very best preamps Ampeg ever designed, next to the SVT's and B15's. Push-pulls knobs let you choose the 3 ranges of frequencies you will correct so it really is a semi parametric 3 band EQ.
    It sounds warm, detailled and thumpy just like it should. And it was proudly made in St-Louis, US of A.

The whole thing only weights 63 lbs which makes it the perfect home/rehearsal/bar amp. Its only downside is the lack of thunderous power. When in need, I will pair it with my EBS AC-300 15" active cab for a proper rig'o'doom effect. I think I'm set for a while in the amp department.

2. KsToaDangr

KsToaDangr Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    It looks great. If I could afford an Ampeg I wouldn't be playing through a Behringer.

3. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    B____U____T___ FUL!