Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ampeg gear and question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Warwick, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Warwick

Warwick

Dec 17, 2003
    I just recently got the Ampeg SVP-CL preamp and the BXT 210m. My power amp is a Crate SPA 900 and I get 450 watts through two channels. I have a BXT 410 cabinet that I also ordered. Playing with a guitarist that uses a Marshall Mode Four head and one 1960 model cabinet. What size gigs should I be able to play with this bass rig. We have an opportunity to play a lot of shows so I was wodering what size indoor and outdoor shows will I be equipped to play? :bassist:

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Post a review of that Ampeg when you get a chance, will ya? :D I want to try one of those!!

You're rig sounds ok to me but the weakest link would be the power amp.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    For use as monitors those should be enough. Any large gig should have a PA so you should be set.

If there isn't a PA then that setup will still be very loud.

Congratulations about the rig

P.S Are the two cabs the same impedance?

4. Warwick

Warwick

Dec 17, 2003
    Yes they are both 4 ohm cabinets.

5. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I didn't know if he meant 450w through both channels combined or each channel separately. If its the latter he will be fine.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    youll be fine no matter what the gig probably. I always run my bass amp through the PA which as bassists you most likely aways have to do. Your amp gets teh tone and you use it as a monitor. I have 1000 watt ampeg into an ampeg 6x10 and unless im playing a basement show or sumthing i run it through the PA. Youll be fine no matter what most likely. How you liking that warwick into the ampeg setup. I just recently aquired a thumb and i like the growl, of course my top bass is still my stingray but im digging the warwick as a great backup.

7. Warwick

Warwick

Dec 17, 2003
    Yeah It is 450 watts through each channel and there is two channels equaling to 900 watts. I love the Warwick Thumb through the ampeg it is very nice. My "cream of the crop" is my 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 bass. Its in the Jetglo color.