1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Ampeg!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RicoDirenzo, Apr 14, 2009.

1. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
    My first venture into the Ampeg world and I purchased the
    B1RE from MusiciansFriend for $299....no tax no shipping. I have played on Fender, Crate and Peavy and, just 6 months ago, aginst objections from just about everyone I bought a Behringer BX4500H head after demo in a local music store. I have to say that the Behringer head has alot of good perks and the sound is really pleasing (Minus the Ultrabass which is goofy to say the least). Sight unseen, I jump into the Ampeg purchase mostly becasue of the price. OMG! Is all I have to say. My cab is a Kustom Grove Bass 2x15 and I play a 5 string Carvin that can be played passive or active. Passive this amp will blow windows out of buildings! The active (I had an 18 volt Aguilar preamp installed on this base) and the clearity and lows are mind boggling.....my B string is like 8.0 on the Richter Scale with the bass EQ all the way up.

I have now become an Ampeg Fanboy!!! Next purchase will be a SVT 3 Pro.....maybe next year (I'm offically broke!).:hyper::hyper::hyper:

2. Hey rico!. welcome to the club!..............have you joined the Ampeg club yet?........:bassist:

Ampeg club # 436
    PBass club # 735
    Passive club # 117
    Big Cab club # 61

3. Cool man....fyi, get a used SVT3PRO...you can usually get them for around $500

Congrats on the Ampeg!!

4. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I will be happy to join! Thanks!

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you think the B1RE makes a difference...wait till you get into the tube amps! You can find excellent deals on all-tube SVT's used, too. Sometimes they're not even as much more than a new 3 Pro.