Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ashdown pedals!!??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Apr 10, 2005.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Click me

New Ashdown compressor, distortion, octave, envelope and chorus.
    They look interesting depending on how they sound and their size (they look like they could be kind of large). True bypass is nice though.

Any thoughts?

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    if their distortion is a overdriven abm sound, i'll totaly go for one!!!!! they look awesome anyway!

3. Hmmm, sounds interesting and look nice. Could make a few nice additions to my pedal board!

4. Oh, no severe GAS!!! :help:

5. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Finally - I emailed ashdown about a sub-harmoniser pedal about 3 years ago and they replied saying it would be coming soon!

IF it's straight out of the ABM then it'll be time to sell the EBS, my only complaint is that they appear to take up alot of pedalboard real-estate.

6. And of course, they have VU meter's! Very Cool.

Looks like its time to get a bigger board to fit one of these cats on.

7. +1

8. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    When do these hit the streets?

9. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I didn't see on the article, but maybe I'm stupid. Any prices on these? I'd be interested in the compressor and chorus.

hmm

Jake

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That's cool, but what do the VU meters do?

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I think the VU meters help you set the levels (input and output??) correctly. On my old RPM-1 preamp the VU helped set the input level. They are basically just a gimmik though ;)

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont have to post since you said almost everything I was going to say, but Ill post anyways.

Actually, I think this may be a good reason to get another pedal board.