1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Barefaced Big Baby 2 arrived! With pics.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mudpup, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Received my Barefaced Big Baby 2 recently.

Sounds fantastic, build quality seems good and it performed well on its maiden gig last night.

Ran it with my GK MBFusion and Spector Euro in a pub with about 150 people in it and it coped admirably with the volume needed. It was on top of a Big One that wasnt plugged in and nobody believed it was running in its own!

Heres some pics includin a GK 212MBE cab for size

b9f2ef1d64c357c6045993502da0bade.

589e4a250cd37745482bcd374c3dee3f.

2. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

Nice. I thought my Big One had cured all GAS, and it has for about 3 years now, but...

3. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    I should know this, but what's in it? A 12 and a tweeter? Also, what was the wait time on your order?

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Nice. Nothing can touch the new wave of cabs for depth, clarity and shear volume per pound.

5. Its a custom spec high excursion 12" speaker and an adjustable compression driver/waveguide setup.

The wait is a bit misleading - i actually ordered it in July knowing that it was still at the prototype stage so it was a bit open ended. Alex estimated September and it arrived on Friday. Not a problem as i was informed all the way and i was happy to wait. It was worth it.

6. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

How does it compare to The Big One soundwise?

7. Havent tried them next to each other yet - just ran the BB2 on its own on Saturday night. The Big One just sounds massive and i dont think anything can physically kick out that much bottom in a much smaller enclosure so i'm not expecting it to sound the same.

Alex seemed to think it would be pretty similar. You can get a load more sizzle out of it as it has a compression driver though.

I wanted a 2nd cab that had a bit more sparkle to run at louder/bigger gigs with the Big One and Alex reckons this is the one - he's usually right it seems so was happy to give it a go.

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Nice looking cab looks very well built congrats.