1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blue Rouge, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Blue Rouge

Blue Rouge

Apr 22, 2009
    Ok I'm looking for a new bass amp to buy any suggestions. I'm looking for cheap, great quality (for the price), nice tone, and loudness. Any suggestions on what I should get?

2. is size a factor? combo? stack? do you need it for gigs? what style do you play? what bass do you use? is it active or passive? have you done a search on it yet? what's cheap? 200? 400? sorry to be a dick, but you need be more specific and you will get an answer. GKs or Ashdowns are good places to start.

3. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Blue Rouge

I'm not sure if you can use the words "cheap" and "great quality" on the same sentence when it comes to bass amps :)

Let us know your target price range, what type of music you play, and if you're gigging, what do the other players have as far as "watts" go on their rigs and we can suggest something.

Keep Low :bassist:

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    What he said. More info needed. :ninja:

5. Blue Rouge

Blue Rouge

Apr 22, 2009
    Ok i play a Rouge LX200B series, 4 string, size isnt really a factor, i would perfer stack but combo would work, I play more classic rock, max price range 700 bucks

6. Used G-K 700RB or 1001RB + Avatar 4x10?

7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Good choice! I would go so far as to say any good used head and an Avatar 4-10.

8. Blue Rouge

Blue Rouge

Apr 22, 2009
  9. Blue Rouge

Blue Rouge

Apr 22, 2009
    So are any of the ones that i listed any good?

10. Backline is GK's lower end series, but in saying that, it's still GK. If money is an issue, and you can get away with a lower end GK, as opposed to a Hartke or, god forbid, a Behringer, then you've done yourself some justice. Not sure how the Goldline cabs sound, but any GK stuff I've tried (whether it be cheap or not) has alwyas sounded pretty solid.

11. Blue Rouge

Blue Rouge

Apr 22, 2009
    Ok so i was at a store and they had a 100watt bass amp for $150 is that any good?

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What 100 watt bass amp?

13. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    No, the company is called '100watt'.:D

14. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    I own an LX200B,as well as some other rogues,fenders,ibanez,cort and washburn basses,and they ALL(even the $100 Rogue)sound superb through my KUSTOM 310C. It is a 3-10, 1200watt(!!!)combo w/ 3bnd rotary eq/9bnd graphic eq/switches for sub-boost,mid-scoop,and treble defining/ switch for active/passive and the tweeter has its own attenuater adj. from 0-16+ db. Master Vol,Master Gain,footswitchable mute/+6db "solo" circut. ALL FOR ONLY $560!!!! shipped to my door from Mus.Frnd. I researched it thouroughly beforehand,and they sell for $1000-$1600 everywhere I looked(25 or so shops/sites) The ONLY complaint is its size. 40"h-19"w-24"d and 138lbs! Awkward but manageable alone(it has 2 sets of side handles and tilt back roller design w/grab bar) it's easy enough with help(from the drummer when everybodys done haulin' his crap:) Bottom line,this "combo" is ABSOLUTELY THE MOST BOOM FER YER BUCK!!

15. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

The local deli had a sandwich on a roll for $6. Should I buy it for lunch?

16. Blue Rouge

Blue Rouge

Apr 22, 2009
    ok the 100 watt bass amp was a fender and it was used so i was wondering if that was anygood to buy

17. Ampeg B100R, EXCELLENT combo for classic Rock.

18. If it's got cheese on it, I'll buy it... :D

19. In my experience, those 100w fenders can't keep up, I'd avoid it.