New bass day: Fender Precision Boxer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave84, Nov 22, 2021.

1. dave84

dave84

Sep 29, 2019
    I just bought this beast, the reissue of the iconic 1980s Fender Jazz Bass Special made in Japan. An exceptional bass, beautifully built and with a devastating sound! Seriously, it's already become my new main bass, I love it! The pickups roar and when full tbx is activated it feels like Precision on steroids! The overall quality of the instrument is excellent as expected from a made in Japan bass ... what can I say I am totally satisfied with this purchase! Who besides me bought this beauty?

Attached Files:

2. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Canada
    Pretty happy with mine. Great players.

dave84 likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

a good PJ always sounds like a "precision on steroids" to me --- and yours has the advantage of considerable good looks, too! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

dave84 likes this.
  4. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    Man, that's fine!

A lot of the Japanese Fenders have that little extra "something" about the design, looks, sound, and just in general..."stuff", I guess.....:D

dave84 likes this.
  5. dave84

dave84

Sep 29, 2019
    Thanks!

JRA likes this.
  6. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I actually just bought a real one from the mid 80's!

boxer-1.jpg boxer-2.jpg

Moving Pictures and Pocket4 like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022