1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass day...Ibanez BTB content within...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phadreus, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Thought I would share some shots and thoughts on my new Ibanez BTB-780 I recently picked up. I've only got about 4 hours play time on it, and like it so far. My other bass is an Ibanez SR700 in the same basic finish scheme, and there are some pretty stark differences between the two.

Likes: Looks, balance / ergonomics, Lite in weight, Piezo Pups, Bridge, Active electronics, Locking output jack...oh, and one spankin' deal on price.

Dislikes: Gloss finish on the neck can be a little sticky, Neck is wider than my SR700 and doesn't play quite as fast, two band eq, vs 3 band.

I found the output was quite a bit higher than any of my other basses, and it cused clipping in my amp until I backed off some preamp. I also noticed I had to do quite a bit of eq adjustments to get a sound I was happy with...compared to my SR. I set my SR flat, and it sounded great right out of hte box...was not quite the case with the BTB for me.

Ok, enough chatter, on to some pics:

SDC10149.

SDC10144.

SDC10146.

SDC10148.

SDC10150.

Cheers!

2. Whoa!! Sweet man sweet!! SO underated IMO these Ibby's. Where's this one made?

I got a BTB676 (I think thats the model) - M.I.Indo. which the prev. owner installed an Aggie OBP-3 pre amp in, but even in passive mode it's a KILLER bass. Build quality & , well, everything smacks quality!

Congrats! Lovely bass!

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Family picture time!

4. Jerry Callo

Jerry Callo Banned

May 23, 2011
    The neck is WIDER than a standard Ibby? That makes it MORE attractive to me. Those barts sound great. A very underrated bass that looks and plays like a boutique babe.

5. Looks great! I love my BTB. I really need to get a hard case.

6. Thanks! This one is also M.I. Indo, and is a left over NOS from 2010.

Good idea, I haven't done that yet...I'll see if I can snap something today.

At the nut, it is the exact same width as my P-Bass. From E to G, the strigs measure 1.312". I personally prefer a more narrow neck, but I am adapting to this one just fine.

This one came with an Ibanez Prestige HS Case which is REALLY nice, especially considering when I bought it the add mentioned nothing about a case being included...nice surprise!

7. Bogster

Bogster

Oct 13, 2002
    Orange Park, FL
    Great snag, man! Love that burled finish. :cool:

8. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie

Nov 28, 2009
    just gotta say that is one awsome looking bass. Play it well.

9. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Looks very nice. Congrats. Perhaps you should play around with pup adjustment so not so much eq'ing needed for nicest to you voice? I find I can allmost allways coax a bit better voice out of a bass or guitar by adjusting the pups after optimizing action setup.

10. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Congrats! Great photos, too.

Now, you've got me interested in finding more piezo sound clips.

11. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    What...a...beaut!

I so wanted to love my BTB455. Great build quality, full tone, beautiful finish. It was perfect in every way, but I just couldn't adjust to the thin neck. After seeing yours (and all the other nice BTBs on TB), I may give another a try.

Congrats on a gorgeous bass!

12. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    Gorgeous.

Welcome to the dark side of Ibanez, it beats the pants of the SDGRs. :D