1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass Solo Video Recorded

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Isaac_Bear, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Hey how it going evarybody? I just posted a new spanishy bass solo called "Teenage Mother Ninja Turtles" on my youtube channel-- if you guys want to take a peekaroonie. I recorded it out of my Micro Cube bass amp with the cheesy latin drum machine haha. Oh and I play a Shecter Diamond Series custom 4 Stilleto in the video. Feel free to let me know what you thinkie!

Thanks friends!

-Scott Tea

2. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    The drum machine is not in time with the bass. There must be something wrong with it.

3. Haha it could be me giggle...

4. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    I hate slap happy two hand tapping bass wank fests. That being said, I kinda dug it. A lot of good ideas in there.

You obviously have too much time on your hands....

Do you have any full band videos?

Keep rocking. :bassist:

5. Hahaha right on man-- Thanks for checking it out, and giving feedback! I play in a band called Isaac Bear--Here is a link to our facebook page...we have some songs linked to bandcamp from here https://www.facebook.com/IsaacBearMusic Also near the end of september we ae going to post 8 more tracks up on the bandcamp --and here is a link to our youtube channel too http://www.youtube.com/isaacbearmusic

Thanks for your interest man...oh haha and right now im unemployed---you guessed it.

-Scott Tea

6. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Right On man!

7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    :)

OK. At first I gotta admit I was a bit put off. Seemed like nothing more than a crazy wank fest, and there's some stuff going on in the beginning that I couldn't make heads or tails of.

Listened to the band clip and thought it was frikken awesome.

Went back to the original and on 2nd listen, got it a bit more. Still think it's a wank fest that could probably have a tad more tastefulness going on, BUT I can't deny your talents. Love what you start doing around the 1 minute mark.

Question... why do guys who can do the stuff you can do almost always come out with all guns blazing? It's obvious that the song is more a display of your skills than an artistic expression. Why not start with something more musical, not so showy, and let it kind of erupt into the shredding kind of stuff. Would be more appealing IMO, and less off putting. You know you're going to get tons of comments saying, "this guy is great, but I can only handle 30 seconds of it."

Just trying to be truthful, and possibly helpful. There's no denying you're a great player.

8. Cool! Thanks for taking a peek!!

9. Haha hey thanks for watching man! Haha I guess to answer why I start out playing faster...--sometimes it gets me in this zone where I can play fast and musical...I really love playing that percussive style bass...and it helps propel me I guess(in solo stuff) Where as playing with other musicians I feed off of them--to give me adrenaline. Haha I guess it's an adrenaline thing. I would love to construct some songs with more melodic ideas that evolve into the quicker plucky tappy stuff...haha it's just hard for me at this point. Sometimes I get nervous when I play too...I have done some bass solos live at shows with the band...there is usually something I would have wanted to change haha. Building a groove and taking it somewhere is hard...Iget spacy sometimes....haha similar to how I write I suppose...I go from topic to topic--and often times forget to say an important thing where it should be placed. Man I really admire guys who can play those solos so fluidly...Haha I hope to be there sometime in the future!!

Thanks for the feedback man!!

-Scott Tea

10. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Hey Man I thought your video was KICK-ASS, (chili-peppers on steroids) but anyways you guys are awesome.
    John Tetley
    Jag Panzer

11. Hey cool--thanks a lot man!!

12. Man, that was really great!! strongt ideas, cool technique aspects, went to a lot of places, and it grooved. Very cool.

13. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Dec 25, 2011
    Canada
    Man that was fast !!! but it was cool, but the tone was hard on my ears after a while.

I'm kind of sick of everyone saying it is wanking and he should tone down and all ...

14. Thanks man! Glad you checked it out!! That spanish stuff is really fun to play!

15. Haha thanks man! Maybe the mid and reverb I had on it did that...I wish there was a footswitch available for the micro cube to control the effects.--It would be pretty cool for doing street perfoming stuff with a loop pedal or something. Thanks for ze input!