1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New BTB models

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChemicalFire, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ChemicalFire

ChemicalFire

Dec 10, 2007
    I saw that Ibanez has added some new basses to it's catalouge, and one in perticular caught my eye, the BTB 575:
    [​IMG]

I need to know if anyone is played it, or any other in the BTB series and how they play?

2. zachreh

zachreh

Mar 7, 2008
    south florida
    i played it. Its got a great deep tones but its heavy

3. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    That is a sexy bass.

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I like the older ones a bit better. The horns look a bit like mandibles on some kind of insect to me. I bet they play great though.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It certainly looks nice but I much prefer the old horns. These ones look a bit "off" to me.

6. Im not a fan of the deeper cutting horns either, yuk!

7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm pretty sure it's not a move Ibanez would take lightly, so I'd like to see how it feels strapped on when compared to the older models. I had an Ibanez BTB405QM and it balanced beautifully and wasn't too heavy. I hope it's not a case of "if it ain't broke..." :meh:

8. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Same here, though I have a 455qm. I doubt these new models balance any differently as the horn still reaches out above the 12th fret, pretty much the same position as the earlier models. It just seems that they are more slender, and have an arch that just looks a bit odd to me.

9. I played the BTB1305E, about a month ago, but didn't plug it in. Dumb move, I know, but I was afraid if I plugged it in, I'd buy it! They had 4 or 5 nice Peavey Cirruses there too; I had to leave quickly.

The neck felt a alot like my 1205E.

I think all they did was take more wood out of the body to make the wings more dramatic.

The 1305E:
    http://www.ibanez.com/bass/series.aspx?s=btb_prestige

My 1205E:
    _IGP1589.

They are very nice basses. I love mine. :cool:

Mike

10. 0zz

0zz

Jan 2, 2009
    i actually have one
    i got it as a bday present during the summer
    its been great
    of kourse the first thing i noticed was how great it looked
    (everyone komplainin bout the horns) it is a bit wierd but it does do a great job of keeping the strap on if you tilt your bass to a really high angle or something lol :p
    its played great n i love it :D

11. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    wat

12. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    "I need to know if anyone is played it, or any other in the BTB series and how they play?"

What do you NEED to know?

Play one. then play a bunch of fenders and laklands and other ibanezes...then play it again. If you keep wanting to go back to it again and again you should try to buy it.

I made that mistake with a Mike Lull one time. After work i'd go back to the store again and again and play a couple of other basses, but that bass almost every time.

It was on the wall with a $1675 sale sticker for months. Def. worth as much as the thumb right beside it...

That BTB's a cool looking bass and probably sounds great. Make sure you really want it.

13. I have a BTB405, which is their older model, but it still sounds great. I don't care for the extended horns, too drastic IMO.

14. [​IMG]

Well I got myself a BTB 1305E...great finish, good looks, beautiful guitar. I like the 35" neck (necktrough, broadneck) very comfortable to play, but:

1. They drilled the hole for the batteries in the back of the body on the neck-trough area. Uninspired cost saving in the factory?

2. The Bartolini Custom preamp sounded a little unnatural for me(didn't understand why the tone pots affects the general volume of the signal :confused:) so I stripped it of and replaced with a passive correction from Warwick. Surprise: it sounds a lot better in passive mod then active, trough the Bart Custom Eq...

3. Cheap plastic knobs

I'm a little dissapointed considering the price.

Here's a sample with full boost EQ, mids swich in middle position

http://www.xbass.ro/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2717&d=1229370664

One with EQ on 0 for all, mids swich in middle position

http://www.xbass.ro/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2721&d=1229375609

And finally passive, pickup pan in the middle (both pups) tone pot opened at maximum.

http://www.xbass.ro/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2736&d=1229461804

Please tell me what you think about the tone, excuse the "tehnique"...