new cab?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by tww001, Nov 25, 2003.

1. tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    I was reading through the newbie links trying to get some ideas for a new rig, and I'm trying to figure out what I can do to my current rig to get a better sound. Right now I play out of a Hartke 350W head and a Hartke 210 cab. I don't know too much about the head, but it seems okay. However, the aluminum cones in the 2x10 cab drive me nuts. Anyone know how Hartke heads pair up with other cabs? I want something with really flat response and is really easy to transport (the 2x10 is it's own trip to the car, I can't carry anything else with it b/c of it's side handles as opposed to one hand-carrying)

also, it seems as if some people swear by smaller speakers (10s or even 8s) and others swear by 12s...any advice on that?
  2. Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I hope this post dosn't come off as some sort of shameless sales pitch, but I happen to have a bagend S12-D up on ebay right now, and it pretty much fits the bill as far as what you are looking for. Small, fairly light weight and very neutral/flat sounding. I'm only gettting rid of it because I've just recently bought some new gear and as much as I hate to, I have to get rid of some of the old gear. Christmass is coming and all that...
    Here's a link to the cab.