1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

New cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spikyhedgehog, Dec 19, 2004.

1. spikyhedgehog

spikyhedgehog

Dec 10, 2004
    England
    I am looking for a cheap cabinet that will be available to the UK. I really would like a 4 x 10. If not, something like a 2 x 15 would be ok. It would be on its own with a b4r, (I dont need the power, just got the amp cheap).

Looking to spend around £200, less preferably.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

2. spikyhedgehog

spikyhedgehog

Dec 10, 2004
    England
    Ignore the title, the cab could be used too. I dont care, as long as it works.

3. most peopl ei've talked told me to go with at least 12 inchers. 10s cant get some frequencies you should get. I just bough ta new hartke cab with a 15 two 8s and a high horn for pretty cheap.

4. Ashdown MAG 410 from Soundslive.co.uk new price about £250.00 or look out for secondhand Trace Elliot on Ebay, 4 x 10 cab will be a good all round cab to get

5. spikyhedgehog

spikyhedgehog

Dec 10, 2004
    England
    There is a second hand 4 x 12 trace on ebay at the moment, would handle the ampeg and looks good. (£100 atm)

Any more input would be great, thanks.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    While I haven't tried one, the new behringer cabs are available in the UK , and should cost about what you want to spend...