Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spikyhedgehog, Dec 19, 2004.

1. spikyhedgehog

spikyhedgehog

Dec 10, 2004
    England
    I am looking for a cheap cabinet that will be available to the UK. I really would like a 4 x 10. If not, something like a 2 x 15 would be ok. It would be on its own with a b4r, (I dont need the power, just got the amp cheap).

Looking to spend around £200, less preferably.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

2. spikyhedgehog

spikyhedgehog

Dec 10, 2004
    England
    Ignore the title, the cab could be used too. I dont care, as long as it works.

3. most peopl ei've talked told me to go with at least 12 inchers. 10s cant get some frequencies you should get. I just bough ta new hartke cab with a 15 two 8s and a high horn for pretty cheap.

4. Ashdown MAG 410 from Soundslive.co.uk new price about £250.00 or look out for secondhand Trace Elliot on Ebay, 4 x 10 cab will be a good all round cab to get

5. spikyhedgehog

spikyhedgehog

Dec 10, 2004
    England
    There is a second hand 4 x 12 trace on ebay at the moment, would handle the ampeg and looks good. (£100 atm)

Any more input would be great, thanks.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    While I haven't tried one, the new behringer cabs are available in the UK , and should cost about what you want to spend...