1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New car day!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stilettoprefer, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    be8857acc04ad437c5db22569f7a1c6d.

4a6db80e34bc7cbc8213a8fdedfa689f.

2009 Subaru outback sport! Definitely a huge upgrade from the '97 Honda accord that was falling apart :D

The all-the-time 4-wheel drive thing was kinda weird at first, but I'm definitely liking the handling more than front wheel drive. And the 2.5L 4-cylinder is definitely not a bad thing! Stereo system is great stock, so I'm not gonna bother with a subwoofer and amplifier yet. Only thing I plan on adding is a bike rack for the roof.

Oh, and heated seats feel weird.... My sister said that it felt like she wet her pants haha.

2. Subawho? Subawhat? :D
    How is it on gas?

... you gonna name that car or what?

3. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010

Haha, the dealership said up to 30 mpg, but I kinda doubt that will happen in reality. I'll know in a few days, I just filled up the tank tonight and will do the calculations next time I fill up.

No name yet, waiting for a good trip/major event that will give it a name. The Honda was "POS", for many reasons:p

4. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    Subaru's kick @## that's a great car there, you'll soon wonder how you ever got along without AWD - Great in snow, great for hauling gear too! My '99 Outback is at 220K miles, love it!

5. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I see the car, where's the Thunderbird?

6. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010

We got rid of two thunderbirds a few years ago.... Not sure if that is what you meant, though haha.

We also have a firebird sitting by the barn awaiting restoration. No other birds that I'm aware of....

7. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010

I am so looking forward to gear hauling with this thing!!!! Having to fit a 3/4 upright, an electric bass in a hard case and a large combo amp into a Honda Accord sedan was ridiculous haha.

She's at 80,000 miles right now, so lots of life left:)

8. I got a Subaru Forester and I love it. I'm a Subaru fan for life.

9. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    a friend of mine has owned over 30 cars. last year he bought a late 90s subaru forester and is still absolutely in love with it and swears its the best vehicle out there.

everyone i know that gets into the subaru thing ends up loving them. i definitely want one, i'm quite tired of squeezing my double bass into the passenger seat of my camry.

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Congrats on a nice car! We have a 2012 Outback. Somewhat miserly on gas. Same motor, roars a lot when accelerating but has decent high speed gear and doesn't die when you take your foot off the gas.

A great stereo system too. The only better stock hi-fi is in our 2001 Volvo V-70

An excellent gear hauler and typical service oil & lube visits: $29.00.

11. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    I'm a die hard Subaru fan! Check out my Facebook group "Subie Lounge"

12. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Another Subaru fan here!

13. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010

I just joined!

Took the new gal out on some awesome rally roads (lots of tight turns and hilly sections) this morning and am very impressed with the power and how little sway there is in the suspension! I can see myself driving Subaru for a long long time :)

Any recommendations for nice roof rack bike mounts? Thule looks nice, but I'm not sure if the stock bars will work with that stuff.

14. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups

Subies love Thunderbirds. :hyper:

15. Nice car! I have benign thinking Subie for my next car. Might do a propane conversion to save fuel cost.

lowsound

16. Congrats! My uncle is on his 2nd Outback now because he liked the 1st one so much.

17. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    that's the one! thanks '58 :D

18. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    Hah! I should have known that's what you meant, this being a bass forum and Tbird58 floating around.

Still loving the car a few days later! Rough riding on the freeway, but that's expected with the stiff stock suspension. Gonna go to a party out on a mountain saturday night that requires driving on dirt roads, so she'll be getting the off-road test. looking forward to snow season!:D

19. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Queens, NY
    Congrats!! That's one great vehicle you got there!

20. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    Great gear hauler. I had an 09 Impreza hatch as well. I got combined 24.5 Mpg. Now I have a 2012 Impreza Sport and get 31.2. A little less power, a different transmission, a little less weight. Same great handling feels about the same even though it has fewer horses.