1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Carvin B2000 and BRX4.10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gatorben24, May 12, 2010.

1. gatorben24

gatorben24

Mar 8, 2010
    Sorry this isnt going to be my full review 1. Because I havent had much time to tinker with it, just like 30 min last night. And 2. I'm on my phone.

So I think I like the bx1500 more because of the equalizer. But I love the B2000's raw power. So i'm thinking of getting a 1u graphic equalizer.

But do the brx4.10 need to be broken in? They dont seem to get any punch on the 5th fret on the A string and nothing much past it. Its so weird. On the B string its super punchy but not on the A. And if I do boost the low mids alot it tends to get a little muddy.

Any experiance with this?

Thanks

2. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    You should just sell me your B2000. I'll give you a good price for a defective unit that has substandard equalization for your needs. ;)

Some will say that speakers do not need to be broken in. I run a few CD's through mine at ever-increasing volumes just to exercise them a bit. But then I'll just play through them and they will naturally warm up over time.

Without knowing your bass and how the B2000 is set, it's impossible to say why your A string isn't punchy.

3. What are your settings and what kind of bass are you playing?

4. gatorben24

gatorben24

Mar 8, 2010
    I had the sub bass at about 6 bass 7, low mid 7 mid 5 high mid 1 treble 1 and drive 6. Sorry still on my phone will givemore accurate settings in about an hour but thats about right. And Im playing an Ibanez SR 755 with the mids up about 75% bass 60% and treble about 15%