1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Conklin Snakeskin Problems....

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Battist, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Battist

Battist

Mar 18, 2009
    So a couple days ago I received my "New and Improved" Conklin Snakeskin strings for my 7 string Conklin Groove tool bass. The Bead at the end of the string that sits inside the bridge was too large to fit inside the bridge. I tried them anyway, and after tightening the string to pitch the beads would actually wedge themselves in the holes and get stuck requiring a hammer to get out. I am now working on taking the beads off the new strings and putting the ones from the old strings on but the high C and F are getting more tricky. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if i just received some bad strings?

2. Deremel to the bridge

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Either this, or if the beads are metal, pound them down into an oblong shape.

There's a good chance that the size they're using now is the more standard bass bead size, so it would be worth your while to make a slight modification to the bridge should you choose to go with different strings in the future.

4. I've owned a gt for years .... You really want the bridge to accept standard strings