Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New DB Mod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    (Sam)"Hi, I'm Sam S., and I'm a Talkbass moderator."

(TBA meeting, in unison) "Hi, Sam!"

As I'm sure most of you have noticed, Sam S. (the artist formerly known as Samuel) has been added as a new DB moderator by our fearless leader Paul. I'd like to thank Sam for agreeing to help out while I'm slammed to the wall with work at my new full time gig at the U. I'm sure he'll do a great job, and probably make me raise my standard of moderatorship after I've seen what his diplomacy can accomplish. I probably won't be around much for awhile now that things are getting really busy at school, but with Sam and Don on watch, it's nice to know that there's nothing to worry about...although if a troll attacks and Sam has to play "bad cop", somebody needs to email me so I can pop in and see that. :D

For those of you on the sampler whom I haven't contacted yet, I still plan on doing so when there's time to give some real attention to the material. Please don't think I'm a ****head for not having done so already (although you are welcome to think I'm a ****head for many other reasons). Anyway, enough about me - I'd like to extend a hearty welcome to a person who is definitely NOT a ****head and welcome Sam into the Mod Squad. He'll be busy with the first few volumes of the official Talkbass Moderator's Guide for the next week or so, but after that he'll be up to speed and ready to take on all comers. Oh, and anyone who wants a copy of the video of the official mandatory NEW MOD BIKINI- WAX HAZING RITUAL should contact DONOSAUR, and have a stack of $50 bills at th ready. Sam's waxing subject for his initiation is none other than Ed Fuqua, and let me tell ya, Ed's a hairy bastard...

Welcome, Sam!

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Alright Sam! It's great fun, and I envy you being down here with the intelligent folk (not that there aren't intelligent members up 'there', but the percentage is so much higher down here...)

I still remember my bikini wax.....

David Crosby still calls me....

3. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Folks, it's an honor to have my name beside Don & Chris. Part of the reason that this place has such a high signal-to-noise ratio is because they have done such fine work and (dare I say it?) set such a fine example.

(It is my earnest hope that brown-nosing like that will lead Chris and Don to sub Ed out for the bikini-waxing. Perhaps Me'Shell NdegeOcello is available.)

I'm usually around here during working hours, 7 a.m. through 6:30 p.m. ET. If I can be of help let me know.

"And from now on, everyone will where their underpants on the outside!"

4. tsolo

tsolo

Aug 24, 2002
    Ft. Worth
    Except, of course, those who don't wear underpants at all.

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Okay if I wear mine on my head?