New EBMM models!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, May 16, 2005.

1. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    God dammit. Here I thought that I had escaped GAS, at least temporarily. Any idea as to when we can order these?
  2. They are to debut at summer NAMM so I guess shortly thereafter orders will be taken.
  3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Man...oh man oh :eek: man!!!
  4. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Oh man...if the 2 humbucker Stingray is a Sabre put into a Stingray body, I'll be in hog heaven..

Guess I'll have to start saving my pennies now!
  5. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    DR Strings
    I've been wanting to do this to my StingRay 5 for some time now! This is big news!!!
  6. These basses are gonna SELL man... I can't count the number of times I've heard people ask for a reissue of the Saber, but they just skipped that step and went straight into dual Hummer Stingrays and Sterlings. I hope the bridge pickup placement stays the same; either way, I see a fretless in my future. Damnit Sterling... :)
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    These basses sound cool but I wonder if the Stingray sound can be maintained withe new pickups added. My experience with single coil humbucker basses is that they sound very little like Stingrays.
  8. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    IMO these new models will look like jazz MM type of basses, the neck pickup will be more a rounder sound .. This will kill dan lakin if it is like that
  9. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Now if they just bring back the sparkle finishes.

2 Humbucker sterling!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Just when you thought the GAS was cured....

It's utterly hopeless. My towel is thrown in.
  11. I'm gonna be going for the HSC Sterling i think. Hopefully they'll take my suggestion and go with a translucent canary yellow :), if not translucent orange or red will do i guess =)
    White ice I already have my order waiting to go to long and mcquade!
  12. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Here's the HH SR5 Bovine photoshopped...

That just looks so right ;)
  13. Wow, I love that one, but I think the electronic will be different!!!
    Sweet SR5....

14. Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah. I've been GASing for a Sabre reissue since I heard Eric Wilson of Sublime used one. A dream come true this is...
  15. Drool, drool, drool...

I'm Speechless!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  16. Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, man...that would be insanely beautiful. I, too, would go for that color, if it were available. I wonder if they do a split-able neck pickup, will doing the single coil option on each give an overall Jazz vibe, or would we have a semi-Lakland thing going on?
  17. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I hope to god they but Bongo eletronics in there...
  18. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Holy cow! :eek:

*runs to find job*
  19. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I was actually considering replacing one of my SR5's with a Bongo HH, but now . . . I'll just wait for one of these!