1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New fender jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andrea_m, Oct 1, 2008.

1. andrea_m

andrea_m

Oct 1, 2008
    Hello,
    my name is andrea, I'm a 22 years Italian guy, currently living in Edinburgh.
    I'm thinking about buying a new bass, ( I own a steinberger xt-25 5 strings, which is currently in Italy, not very pleased with it though), and a fender jazz, 4 strings, seems like a good option. My price range is about 400-500 pounds. I checked some local stores and all I could find so far is a new fender jazz Usa highway one ( about 480 p), and a couple of fender jazz standard made in Mexico ( 400 p). I also started looking online, especially on ishibashi's website, and a second hand fender jazz made in japan (JB75-US) seems to be in my price range. I heard good things about japan made instruments.
    Off course it doesn't need to be a fender jazz, but I really like its sound, and I like to play funk, love slapping and sometimes I play punk-rock music.
    I would like to hear your opinion, what do you think is my best choice considering the price range?
    cheers
    andrea

2. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Go for the Highway One or the Japanese model. Fender Japan makes some nice stuff. Good luck :bassist:

3. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    Best Bass for the Money imo is the 75.. mine got a bit of surgery recently :)

DSC01997.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    +1. I think either one of those would be a good option for you. I currently have a Highway One (although mine is a Precision), and it's a great player. It's the lightest in weight of any of my basses, yet sounds very good.

And the Japanese Fenders are excellent for the price. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Good luck, and please post pictures after you make your purchase!

5. +1 .. i sold my mij 75 ri a couple of weeks ago and have been kicking myself since :bawl: