1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New GK MBE Series II cabs - when?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by srayb, Jun 13, 2012.

1. srayb

srayb

Oct 27, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Does anyone know when these cabs will be available, what specs on them are and if they'll cost a lot more than the current MBE cabs? I'm close to making a purchase but wondering if I should wait for the Series II.

Thanks!

2. Cost may go up some as all cab and amp production is back in the USA now.
    As far as when? Email brian@gallien.com

3. Premierbass

Premierbass Commercial User

May 26, 2011
    Superior, Colorado
    Owner, Premier Bass Guitars
    As an example, I'm hearing July for the MBE 210 Series II cabinet, with a MAP of $349 (vs $299 for the original).

Dan

4. What info is there about these ?

What changes might there be , like in 212MBE ?
    I have one, and like it quite well.

Also, does this mean gk china plant is not continuing ?

thx

5. Premierbass

Premierbass Commercial User

May 26, 2011
    Superior, Colorado
    Owner, Premier Bass Guitars
    My understanding is that as of January of this year all final assembly is back in the US.

Dan

6. Where do you guys hear about these new GK products coming out? I keep checking their site and I see nothing new

7. G-K's site is the last place to look ;) Mags and online ads are the source. :)

8. The only bass site I visit is this one, what else would you recommend?
    I live in South Africa, Bass Mags are scarce and expensive :/

9. creis2

creis2

Nov 11, 2011
    Cambridge, MA
    Any news on these?

10. srayb

srayb

Oct 27, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I heard the new series (II) will probably be sometime in 2013.

On another note, I've noticed that the current series of MBEs have had a price increase (around 25%) most likely due to them now being built in the USA instead of China.

11. creis2

creis2

Nov 11, 2011
    Cambridge, MA
    I'm sure the price of Neo speakers has a lot to do with it too. I just had a cab built by Don at LDS that was originally going to have Neo's. After educating me about the market, we went with a lightweight cab with regular ceramic speakers. At least if I blow a driver down the road, I won't be paying an arm and a leg.