1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New iOS App crashed today

Discussion in 'TalkBass Mobile App Support' started by TolerancEJ, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Hi. A number of times today, the new iOS app closed unexpectedly while I was browsing the forums. Just thought I should report that here. Thanks!

2. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Ditto here! It's crashed numerous times on me.

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I can not even use the app on my iphone 4S 6.0.1 anymore.
    It constantly crashes. I originally downloaded the new app using wi fi,
    I dumped that and downloaded the new app through itunes and synced my phone with my computer. Still crashes.

I never had a problem with the old app on my 3G or 4S.

Let's get a app that works.

4. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

Mar 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I've had several crashes on my iPad and iPhone the past couple of days

5. I can't open the app on my iPhone 4 or my iPad 2. Both show a "Parse Error" message then after I hit ok or report it just says loading but never opens.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    are you sure you are using the new app? old app is discontinued, please see announcement at top of forum for details on new app

7. Version 1.16.3 is what the app store calls it, that the new one?

8. Ok this is strange. I had checked to see that I had the updated version even deleted and re downloaded the app. Nothing. So I followed the link with the AppStore button on this page and thou it seemed to be the same app it didn't have the "open" button for an app already installed so I downloaded, it now it woks...

9. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Yes, the new app does crash a LOT :(

I've made the developer aware of this, and I've sent them crash reports from my own ipad/phone. They should have an update out very shortly to fix this.

10. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Thanks Paul.
    I'm getting tired of having to bring a magazine to the bathroom with me.

11. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Just downloaded the new update to my 3GS. After several reboot's I can't get TB to open.

12. Mine crashed twice just now, while reading this very thread.

13. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    Haha I've been thinking the same thing, except I don't own any magazines so I just stare blankly at the wall.

14. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    I'm finally in!

The colors look good.

15. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I'm getting crashes also especially when I click on a picture in the classifieds which I guess is some new anti-GASS device maybe I should be thankful )

16. Liv3rman

Liv3rman

Dec 28, 2012
    Crashes constantly. :( Update please!

17. fourtet102

fourtet102

Jun 20, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hate heaters!
    Highly unstable applications.

18. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    Any more info on when a new update will be available? It took 3 tries to even post this message. Not even the original release crashed like this.

19. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Canada
    I am also wondering when a fix will be available. The app is constantly crashing on my 4s as well. This contrast to the one on my android which works very well.

20. adambomb

adambomb

Nov 4, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    So funny I was reading an iOS thread I am subscribed to and the app crashed and when it opened back up this thread was at the top of unread threads. iPad 2 btw

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021