1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Member Checking in from California

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Cobrav, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Cobrav

Cobrav

Jul 27, 2012
    California
    Hi All,

My name is Chuck and I play bass.
    (In unison, Hi Chuck)

I just found this forum and am enjoying going through all the threads. There are a lot of fun things to read on a lot of topics. You seem like really interesting folks to hang out with.

I started playing guitar in high school because there was a completely unfounded rumor that if you played guitar in a band you could get a date. After graduating it seemed to take a back-seat to establishing a career and starting a family. As the kids reached a certain age, and I had a little free time, I realized one of the things I always loved was playing music. I started playing again with like minded folks. About 4 or 5 years ago a friend suggested we start a blues band and I would play bass. I didn’t play bass and I didn’t especially like the blues so what could I say but “Oh, hell yeah!’. I didn’t play with him that long but I did stay with the bass. I took lessons for several years. I found that playing a nice bass line against a chord connected me to the music much more than just strumming the chord. I’m also being asked to play with a higher caliber group of musicians than I did before. My eventual goal is to become a member of the MBC. I’m able to count to 4 WITH MY EYES CLOSED! I have been a member of various guitar and amp forums for a long time but realized recently that while I made some friends, It was no longer helping my playing. So I went in search of a bass forum and landed here. I don’t typically post a lot but I do enjoy checking in and reading the updates. That’s about all I can think of.

Chuck

2. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Welcome!