1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New member from Argentina

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by ModelMod, Jul 27, 2012.

1. First, hello everybody! This is my presentation at TalkBass.com, I have registered just a few minutes ago. My name is Pablo, from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I have been reading the forum for some years now, but i decided that it was time to sign in!

One of the reasons form this (and there are many more) is that I'm thinking about getting a new bass... I really need it! Unfortunatelly in my country the instrument prices here are really high and beyond my budget, and the offer is very limited. So, my idea is to learn from your experience, analize the options and make a decission. Believe me that even when I'm experiencied in ordering and buying things from all over the world (I'm a scale modeller, too), the weight, cost and shipping rates for a bass are really daunting, and better don't mention the Argentine customs office, ha!

As I said before, my budget is limited and that is defining my options... certainly browsing at the "For Sale" forum is making me consider to buy directly from some TalkBass member!

But besides this, I really hope to start learning from all of you. I must thank the oportunity of being now a member.

Warmest regards from Buenos Aires,

Pablo

2. Scogman

Scogman

Apr 20, 2011
    Bangkok Thailand
    Greetings ModelMod. Lots of good info and helpful members. Good luck and enjoy. :)