New neck...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by M.D.S., Jun 17, 2005.

1. M.D.S.

Nov 8, 2004
    I recently bought myself a brilliant Trace Elliot T-bass, and I think it might be making my old and slightly battered Westfield feel redundant. I decided recently that I was going to try and get it de-fretted, to give it a new lease of life, but It’s gonna be a lot of hassle trying to find someone nearby who could do it, and I know if I tried it myself I would undoubtedly muck it up. Just a couple of hours ago, a much simpler solution struck me – Just buy a fretless neck.

However, I am a bit worried about buying a neck online and then having it not fit my bass. So basically, I was wondering if fender-style necks will only fit fenders (as they seem to be the only neck types anyone that ships to the UK sells online :meh: )
  2. Westfield? Is that a Fender style bass? Usually Fender style necks will fit Fender style basses, regardless of make. Just ensure that it's a 34" scale length, and has the appropriate number of frets.
  3. bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Warmoth and a couple other companies give you the neck size specs so you can see what neck will fit... They also make it so that YOU have to drill the holes on the neck to fit on the body to ensure a proper fit... check those out...