1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Old SWR Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miatchguy, Apr 19, 2006.

1. miatchguy

miatchguy

Apr 19, 2006
    I just got a used SWR Goliath II cab in the mail. When it arrived, the magnet from the lower right speaker had broken off during transit. Anyway, I need to get it replaced, and I was told that SWR, pre-Fender at least, used Imperial speakers in their amps. Where can I find these?

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I believe my GoliathII 410 was loaded w/PAS speakers.

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    There were a few different speakers used in those cabs, none of which is the same as the ones from the Goliath III. I think your best bet would be to see if Eden has any inventory left of D-410T speakers. Or actually, ask Aguilar what they were using in the S410, that should be a good match.

4. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Email PAS. They have the replacement for $75 IIRC. Went through the same thing, did the research, too lazy to fix my Goliath jr. But its nice to know its there.

5. lowmid1

lowmid1 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    My G2 is loaded with PAS drivers.

6. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Seriously? I tried getting SWR to help me and they basically said I have to go through a dealer who wasn't worth crap.