1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New OLP's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by John Deacon, Apr 26, 2009.

1. John Deacon

John Deacon

Aug 24, 2007
    Virginia
  2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    From what i understand these are simply left-overs from the factory and they bought all the remaining stock to sell.....but you know how internet rumors are.....

3. John Deacon

John Deacon

Aug 24, 2007
    Virginia
    True. It's just that the finish, on the five string at least, is unlike what i've seen from them before.

4. StrungGutz

StrungGutz Banned

Apr 6, 2009
    MF most likely got them on closeout for super cheap from OLP...left over stock and they are liquidating. MF is waiting for their shipment from OLP, likely their final one, and they are going to clear these out. MF might be one of the last places at the end of the day where one will be able to get an OLP.

5. BobXboB

BobXboB Banned

Sep 25, 2007
    On their last closeout I grabbed a 5 string for $115 shipped, these are much more. Odd...

6. Formula7

Formula7

Jan 1, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    I just landed a 4-string at my local shop. MSRP 325, shop price was 249, scored it for 209. Well, it's on layaway, I could have bought it right then and there, but layaway is just so much more cost effective for me right now. I can't wait to bring it home in a month or so and hook it up. One more left at the local place. I've wanted one for a while, I found out months ago that OLP was finished, surprised they still had a pair... eh... all the more for me. :D

7. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    The add now states Not available until May 31

8. BobXboB

BobXboB Banned

Sep 25, 2007
    That sure implies new ones being made. Funny, when they first went off the market the story was OLP dropped MM, then the story changed to MM dropped OLP, now they're coming back just in time to compete with the sterling not by musicman but sterling by musicman series.