Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new pickguard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by suasa, Jul 20, 2004.

1. hey i was searchin the net for a new pickguard for my squier p bass when i came upon this i am currently in the process of stripping the solid black off of my p-bass and putting some sort of orange stain on anyway what do u guys think of the pick guard

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    wow it looks really cool i wonder what the clef is made of possibly pearloid maybe but i dunno it could be that or something else if you decide to get it be careful to check that the screw holes line up before you get it or else you wont be able to use that would suck wouldnt it yeah it would so be careful with that and if the holes do line up that would be cool

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    if your turn your head side ways it looks like a frownie face :(
    cool looking though :D

4. That's a really cool pickguard. Personally though, if I were buying it, I'd just as soon cut the Clef out. If you had a cool body color on your bass, cutting it out would look awesome!

5. now thats an idea cutting the clef out would look wicked mabey i will if i end up with that pick guard i was also thinking of going with a orange pearl type guard and throwin that on but mabey i will make an outline of a bass clef on that one and cut it out after all i am trying to make a custom pbass