1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new pickups, any ideas ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bluesman 101, Nov 23, 2010.

1. howdy, I have a 5 string mim jbass that is set up and feels good but sounds like crap. It has passive pups. Any ideas for passive pups that can make it sound like my old 1980 jbass, it has tons of tone, warm with some mids. I dont want to spend too much on a mim though. thanks

2. One2Millions

One2Millions

Feb 26, 2010
    If you looking for a more vintage sound I would have to say the Aguilar 5j-60's. I'm about to put them in my bass for a Christmas present for myself :) Its more of a warm tone. When I was looking all I could find were pups that people looking to slap but thats not for me and these were on the top of my list. That and I have a gear crush on Aguilar... but anyway thats my recommendation

3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    It doesn't get much better than Lollar, Fralin or Nordstrand...

4. di marzio model j

5. Malachi71

Malachi71

Oct 11, 2007
    Uh-Huh!