Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Quiz !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James S, Nov 19, 2003.

1. James S

James S

Apr 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I go for zero, based on the available evidence so far!! ;)

3. James S

James S

Apr 17, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Bruce,

You were correct. However, the conditions of the test have been modified. Please deposit $200 (if you pass go) and try again.

4. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    In a haste I see 51 or 54 (the thing in the lower right just above the Aria back end) strings.
    Makes that I can identify are:
    Padulla
    MTD
    MM
    Rob Allen
    Warrior
    Gibson
    Aria (early to mid 80's)
    Ken Smith
    Can't identify the purple bass and the red bass in the middle with the black headstock.

5. From left to right: Pedulla Rapture 6, Ibanez BTB 4, EBMM Sterling, Unknown 4-string, Ken Smith 6, Rob Allen fretless 5, Warrior 5, Gretsch archtop guitar (?), Carvin LB76. On the bottom: Aria or Vantage 4-string.

Grand total: 50 strings.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

50 strings it is. The bottom I am pretty sure is an Electra(or Westone), though it could be an Aria. And the archtop is a Gibson or Epiphone.

The unknown 4 string looks like one of the many cheapo brands from the late 60's. Could be a Teisco, a Del Rey, a Kingston, a St George, an Arbiter or any of a couple of dozen other brands.