Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeDaddio, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Well, I just walked in the door about an hour ago and have been jammin with my new 400+. It sounds friggin awesome with my Goliath III. I just thought I'd show you all some pictures, and hear what you all think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

joe

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Way cool bro.....I have never owned a 400+, but played through one plenty of times.

-Mike

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Ow! My back!

I bet it sounds amazing. :bassist:

Congrats!

5. dobbo

dobbo

May 19, 2004
    Nice rig man. Looks nice and sure it sounds nice as well!

6. Hehe... actually, my back is thanking me. It is very heavy, but it's much better than carrying around the Goliath III and a Workingmans 15'' combo that I used to use.

joe

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Why are there two volume knobs, and a master on it? I never noticed that before.

-Mike

8. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    There are two channels on the amp and one volume for each channel.

Nice rig. I love 400+'s but I'm not a huge fan of the goliath but it's a sweet rig none the less.

9. ^ Yeah, what he said about the volumes....

I like the Goliath for now. I'm planning on getting either a 2x12 or a 1x15 sooner or later to add on, and I'm not totally stuck on SWR. I'm thinking about Bergantino or Mesa. Then sell the Goliath and match it up with whatever brand I buy.

joe

10. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Mesa's cabs sound great with the 400+ (for obvious reasons). You can't go wrong with a mesa 115 and a 210 or another 115.

11. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Congrats on the new amp. :) I love mine.

It does sound good with Mesa cabs, but I've been having a good experience with Ampeg as well. Just a thought.

12. Maybe a Powerhouse 1000? :p

joe