Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Setup here! (pic)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mksolid, Feb 5, 2006.

1. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    [​IMG]

There are no words to describe it... :)

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Gorgeous!!!:hyper:
    I just put together the same rig 12 days ago.
    I'm loving it too.
    Congrats. Enjoy!!

3. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I've been in the market for a good head and cabinet for too long. I acquired that 400+ used for an amazing price off of a trusted local shop. I decided that I would take the plunge with the NV425 since they won't be made anymore, and the combination of that cab and head is breathtaking...

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Yeah, there are. And believe me, every one of 'em is the result of jealousy on my part! :p

Seriously - that's a sick, sick setup!

5. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Great icon, Boulder - my favorite movie ever.

"I dabbled in pacifism...not during 'Nam of course."

6. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*picks up jaw*

whoa

watch that EQ curve, though. Smiley face alert!

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Wow, NICE rig! EQ suggest you are a slapper?

8. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    That's just where I tried it today because I saw a picture with that eq on someone else's rig. I actually play a Rumblefish with D'Addario Chrome flats so no slapping for me really :cool:
    I just got this in my room and all setup last nite so I haven't even had the chance to get down until today (as there is no way in hell I was going to disturb the neighbors at night).

9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Nice setup! I usually don't use the graphic EQ; the parametric is plenty powerful.

10. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    thats awesome.

i swear, when it comes to heads, used is sometimes the best way to go. not Ebay style (unless you wanna take a risk) but from a local shop, especially one you trust.

definitely a kicka$$ setup. is that 3x10 1x12?

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Nice stuff. I think I would like the NV215 better, and an old ass SVT, but your rig is pretty heavenly.

12. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I'm looking for a tube head for my 425 as well. How does the 400+ match up?

13. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    This setup is 3 10" and 1 15" :). It matches up extremely well, this thing is ridiculous. I have already changed that EQ curve because it is not feasible for my house... I played it like that for a total of about a minute and it rattled every door and window. I have been playing some pedals through it for the past hour. So far I have played my Jacques Tube Blower and man... now I understand what it is to truly get that completely overdriven sound but with HUGE bottom end to still drive the rhythm. I also have tried my pigtronix EP1 through it and man... straight up liquidy. I'll mic it and throw up sound samples in a few days (i can't right now because my mic is not at my house).

14. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Dude, that would be awesome.
    I don't have much experience with effects pedals but have been wanting to try some through this rig.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated... being that we have twins n all.:hyper: :bassist: :D (don't pay attention to my eq as I snapped this pic before I even started her up:meh: )
    [​IMG]