1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New songs - progressive rock music

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jornan, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Jornan

Jornan

Jun 30, 2008
    Norway
    I have recorded some songs with my band, what do you think?

www.myspace.com/oceanseyeband

Would be really nice with some feedback, especially on the bass =)

2. Dig it dude. Good work. Prog songs have to sound soooo EPIC, you guys did a good job.

3. Jake the snake

Jake the snake

Nov 3, 2007
    Sweet Shtuff!

4. Jake the snake

Jake the snake

Nov 3, 2007
    Your singer sounds like the singer of iron maiden!

5. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    The second song reminded me a lot of Fates Warning. Pretty cool.

I would have brought the bass up a little in the mix or added a some grit to make it stand out a little more, but that's just personal taste. It doesn't sound bad.

6. MistaMarko

MistaMarko

Feb 3, 2006
    USA
    Withering: Has the most badass intro. Nice and simple, with catchy chord progression. The keys pull me in. The singing fits the style very nicely. Almost sounds like a power ballad. Vocals sound like James LaBrie if his voice was a lot lower.

Guitar solo reminds me of the solo from Repentance on Systematic Chaos. That's a complement in the slightest. Chords under the solo are very nice. Love the arpeggios at the end of the solo!

Love the transition into the synth solo/lead.

Mentally Absent Pt. 2: This is just great riffage. Vocals are a bit more edge driven, and yeah, he does sound like Bruce Dickinson a lot. Love the bass breakdown! Didn't listen to the whole thing, but great song!

Great band. Check out mine if you'd like. We're instrumental progressive metal.

The Beginning: heavy
    Momentum: symphonic metal sounding
    Inertia: really progish
    Gravity: classical symphonic metalish, with latin section and blues.

www.myspace.com/tetrafusion

7. BassMan250

BassMan250

Jan 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Good stuff, I especially like Mentally Absent Pt 2. Keep it up

8. Jornan

Jornan

Jun 30, 2008
    Norway
    Thanks for the feedback =)

There's a Mentally Absent Pt. 1 too (as you may have guessed :p ), but I haven't uploaded it to MySpace yet. Maybe I'll do, have recorded 5 songs =)

I like your music, MistaMarko. It's different music, but in a very good way.

9. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    I really like the instrumentals but I don't really care for your singer's voice.

10. Jornan

Jornan

Jun 30, 2008
    Norway
    Mentally Absent Pt. 1:

11. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    You guys sound pretty good. Can definitely hear who your influences are, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm just not personally fan of the vocal style. It all sounds well put together though. Keep it up. :)

12. Godoshi

Godoshi

May 24, 2005
    Personally I agree with some about the singer's voice. He's good, but against your sound, he needs to expand his vocal volume and work on that tone in his voice. It just sounds too soft and pulled back. Tell him to make love with that mic man... Other than that, The music is the most freshest stuff I've heard so far. Seriously.