1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to TalkBass, not bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by TunnelPig, May 11, 2011.

1. TunnelPig

TunnelPig

May 6, 2011
    New Jersey
    Hi all, it's good to finally join this site after lurking plenty over the years. I've been playing bass for five years now (I'm 18 currently) and am joining this site because lately I've decided to become more serious about my practicing and songwriting. Without going into my life story: I play primarily six-string bass, I took (and exceeded my expectations on) last year's AP Music Theory exam, used to be bigger on metal (my most prominent band so far was actually a tech-death outfit) and lately I've been finding myself big on funk and any other music with strong emphasis on bass. Just trying to take things to the next level, know what I'm saying? Nice to meet you all.

2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    welcome to TalkBass!

a few tips and pointers: Most opinions in the basses section are completely subjective and should be taken as such. If you post an original song in the Recordings forum, don't expect any replies. You may get 1 or 2 if you get lucky. Finally, Off Topic is a realm of madness and nonsensical inside jokes. It's also alot of fun once you get used to it.

a tech death bassist eh? Good for you! I'm in a tech death band myself. It's a really fun genre to play. And don't think that there can't be prominent bass parts in tech death, my band does it all the time!