new toy!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Aphex 1404 punch factory. :bassist: :hyper:

now.. does anybody know how to do the mod to change the meter light to all light up rather than just each LED singularly?
  2. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I've got one of these on the way as well. Well... actually, a second one, because the first one I got was DOA. :oops:

The instructions that came with it referred to a jumper next to where the battery resides that toggles the full bar thing, and lo and behold there was no such jumper inside. Must've been an update to the board (that I must've been completely unaware of) because there was a little insert that stated that the unit can now be phantom powered.
  3. I don't have the manual, I just remember reading something of it in Bass Player (i can't find it now). And haven't been able to find anything on it off the net. I picked up this pedal from Bass Emporium for cheap.
  4. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Yep...the manual says the jumper is inside the battery terminal, on the pc board. Mine is being borrowed, otherwise I'd check it for ya....

Great comp by the way, congrats!!!
  5. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, just FYI, my new one came in and it doesn't have the jumper either (and this unit came with a new manual that no longer references that jumper. I guess the first one I got was an "in-betweener".)

Great compressor by the way, it compresses without sucking the life out of my tone. Only two knobs to twiddle too. Which is great for me since I'm a chronic knob twiddler, and the more knobs there are on something, the more time I waste tweaking every last setting, rather than just playing. ;) Great on guitar too, by the way (which is half the reason why I got it).
  6. This compressor kicks ass!
    This is my next favorite pedal with th BF2.
    Still trying to find some info on the jumper...