New Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BustinJustin, Jun 2, 2004.

1. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I think it is going to be a big hit. I like the long horn that should cure the neck diving problem of some of their models have and the P/J pickups should offer a good range of tone. It would be nice if it could go passive as well, but I couldn't find anything about that. The gloss finishes will please those that don't like to wax their bass and the violin finish will please those that do. i think Warwick did their homework on this one. I'd like to have one in my bag of tricks. Perhaps after I get my Corvette FNA Limited 2004, I will.
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Geez, it took 'em long enough! I thought they'd be out 2 years ago. I'm glad they're doing a Bleached Blond Thumb 5 as well.
  3. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Very nice, I think it will be a big hit.
  4. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I like most Warwicks, despite that fact that I'm usually more attracted to "traditional" looking basses. Still, I was never a huge fan of this when it was in the Warwick lineup. The gloss finish does look good on that, though. :)
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Will there be a new German version?
  6. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
  7. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I have a Corvette Standard and a Corvette Rockbass. This bass would really be a nice addition: swamp as body--musch better than alder (Rockbass Corvette) but not as heavy as the Standard. I don't find these at musiciansfriend and samash. Has anyone found these for sell, yet?
  8. From the Warwick website:
    The RockBass Fortress is a re-issue of the Warwick Fortress, which was taken out of production in the late 1990's. There was so much public interest in the Fortress shape like [sic!] Warwick decided to bring it back as a new member of the wildly successful RockBass line.
    That statement makes me wonder. If there's "so much public interest in the Fortress shape", why don't they start making the model in Germany again? And was it even a smart move to discontinue it in the first place?
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea id really like that in a German version. I plan on probably buying a Warwick in 3 years or so (have other things i need to buy first) and id like a non Rockbass one. O well.
  10. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    I was looking at that a few months back when they first announced it. If I ever see on on the used market I'll go for it as another bass. I could probably find an old Fortress One around for 800. But a used one of these couldn't go for more than 400 or something, right?

Out of all the RockBass line I think this one should give the new MTD Korean's a somewhat sturdy fight.

If I had to choose between one of these and an Heir I don't know which I'd go for.
  11. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Actually stumbled across a maple Warwick Thumb for sale on the internet yesterday - can't find it now of course! NOT a "bleached blonde" piece - this was apparently one of 25 basses made specifically for the German market - regular dot inlays and a single MM-style pickup.
  12. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    Up until 2000 or 2001 I think many Warwick models were German only. Such as the Corvette Proline and I think a version of the Infinity. *shrugs* I forget where I heard exactly, but I think that would be about right.
  13. Are you thinking of the Maple Monster? (Look for my post in this thread: That one was made, in a limited number, for the German store, Art of Sound.
    The Corvette Proline, on the other hand, is still available on the European market. Or, at least in Sweden.
  14. Wow, I actuall like it.
  15. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Thanks, that's just what I was thinking of!
  16. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    I like the original Warwick bridge, not the one shown on that bass.