Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New website!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tames, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Tames

Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    Hey guys, I just wanted to tell everyone about my band's new website, to be finished soon. Check us out at www.soibomb.com

While you're there checking out the "Coming Soon" splash image, make sure you stop by our very own Forum, and say hello!

Any further questions? Contact me: tim@soibomb.com

Thanks everyone, hope to hear from you soon!

2. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Aha, I remember that guy who busted in on dylan's thing, with the "Soy Bomb" shirt. Did I guess right, huh huh?

3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Thats a pretty good start. I'm sure it will get better with time!

Sorry, I didn't sign up to say "hi".

Good luck, and have fun with it! :)

4. Tames

Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    Soy bomb... the guy jumped on stage at the Grammys and danced really weird behind Dylan... in acts to "protest." Apparently he was hired by the Grammys, along with others, to "liven up" the performance, just so when they showed it on television, there would be people in the audience who would really be into the music. Frankly I don't understand why they would need to hire people to do this, but it is pretty bogus, and I understand the guy's complaint... just don't get what Soy Bomb meant, or the dance.

5. Tames

Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    Maybe this explains it.

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/soybomb/mani.html

Technically we're not a political rock band, but we do listen to some Rage a lot, and you can't NOT love Timmy C's tone... heh... I think I came up with the name, and just thought it was cool, but we changed the spelling so people wouldn't yell at us about trying to copy it. Plus we live in Decatur, heart of the midwest... with ADM and Staley company... yeah soy beans. But who wants to be in a band called "Soibean?"