1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New with Q's

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Mirage, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage

Dec 4, 2006
    Hey all, I'm not only new here, but new to bass, just a shout out, and a question. I'm just getting the basics down, and it seems when I taken my finger off a fret, the string reverberates off the metal, and makes that horrid buzzing sound. how can I avoid this? I feel I've tryed everything, taking my finger off the string in forward, backward, up, down, or sideways motions dosn't work. someone mentioned the neck might need straightining, but I don't think that's the issue. any advice?

Thanks!

Mirage

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    It sounds like you just need to work on your technique. Build up strength in your fingers by practicing, and soon you will notice that problem going away. Also, getting lessons from a qualified teacher can help you quickly get some proper technique and keep you from starting any bad habits that may inhibit your playing. Good luck and welcome to Talk Bass!