1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newb here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bsn06, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bsn06

bsn06

Apr 24, 2009
    Just saying hello. Picking up the bass at 43yo for the heck of it. My kids are musicians (guitar and percussion) so I thought I'd learn to play the bass to jam with them.

My gf surprised me with an Ibanez AFB200 hollow body. Don't know much about basses, but I sure like it so far.

Anyway, looking forward to learning as much as I can around here.

2. Welcome

This is the place to be for bass players. There's a lot of cool, knowledgeable, helpful people here. You will learn a lot from some of the best.

It won't take you very long to get a serious case of G.A.S. either. :D

3. Welcome!!!

4. experimental bassist

experimental bassist

Mar 15, 2009
    Welcome to the world of Low. :bassist:

Cool gf and cool bass!

I'm 37 and have been playing bass off and on since I was 13 and I learn something new almost everytime I check in this place. :)

5. rhapbus

rhapbus

Feb 28, 2009
    I've been playing bass for nearly 6 months, and this forum has helped me understand bass quick as anything i've ever learned, i feel like i've been playing my whole life, sure there's a lot I don't know but theres a hell of a lot I DO know thanks to Talkbass, you'll like it here

6. bsn06

bsn06

Apr 24, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking since I got the bass a couple weeks ago and have already gotten a lot of useful info here. I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to the forum.

Yes, DogBone, she's a keeper :)