1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newb just got a bass! What next?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ThePresident777, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    Just bought a bass and I don't want an amp and pedals. I just want to use my PC to get my sounds and record my practice and play along to stuff. I want to monitor through my PC headphones, logitech G900.

I have a line 6 toneport which gets good bass sounds, but, it forces me to monitor through it. The problem with that is that it has no eq for anything except the instrument. So, everything else sounds like **** through it.

I want something that will give me bass sounds on the PC but does not force me to monitor externally.

What am I looking for? Any recommendations?

2. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    boink

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Don't know a thing about computer recording gear. But WELCOME to TALKBASS anyway!

Someone will swing by with a good answer. Or you could use the search function and probably find your answer as well. It's up there. ^^^^^^ 2nd blue line that goes all the way across.

4. ThePresident777

ThePresident777

Oct 6, 2013
    Thx.

I did a search and it seems no one has asked about computer recording since 2011. Hmm.......