Newb with Pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Hey everyone.. Just saying WHATS UP.. New guy here.. Short bio.. Been playing electric bass for about 13 years and upright for about 6-7 years. Went to college for 2 years for music performance but got out of it and went into computers. During that time in college, we went on tour in Europe to the major jazz festivals. Since then I've done several recordings, play in a jazz/funk/fusion combo as a weekend stress relief and looking at getting back into playing big band.

Left to Right
    1. MIM 5 String Jazz (eh, plays OK)
    2. SX 4 String Jazz (Just got it a couple weeks ago. LOVE IT! Plays better than my MIM)
    3. 1996 Modulus 6 (My BABY. Signed on the back by Doug Wimbish of Living Colour, one of my favorite bassists)
    4. Hohner 5 String Fretless (Sounded like crap with fret, so I took them out and it sounds great)
    5. Cort 4 String (Again, a inexpensive bass but for some reason it has a great P-Bass sound that I havent found better yet)

Jazz/Small Gigs
    (1) SWR Workingmans 10
    (1) SWR Workingmans 10 Extension

Rock/Large Gigs
    (2) Trace Elliot (Pre-Gibson) 2x10 Cabs
    (2) Trace Elliot (Pre-Gibson) 1x15 Cabs
    (2) GK 700RB's
    Lexicon MPX1 with Foot Controller (Sold, but getting a new one)
    Peavey 215 EQ
    Samson Wireless
    Several other toys and gadgets.

Anyways, enough about me.. Just though I would drop by to say HI
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Welcome to TalkBass!! Nice family you have there!!

3. Hello, welcome. I'm Kerry

Where are you from? Nice gear.

I'm currently living in Western Australia (originally from outside Youngstown, OH)

I play a parts-built P-bass (strung with old an old set of flats), a Carvin AC40 and a fretless Wishbass. I don't play regularly anymore, since moving to WA and sold my Carvin RL615 rig. I now only have a Peavey Microbass to play around the house, but I love playing just the same.

I also am a drummer without a kit :crying: (sold that, too) and I play some accoustic guitar (have a nice sounding washburn that I picked up in the UK)
  4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    that modulus 6 must be a funk machine with that pickup configuration.
  5. nice well rounded family you have there. out of curiousity where did you attend college? sweet modulus by the way.
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

when you have a chance, you may want to finish your profile.